View Single Post
Old 2009-07-10, 19:16   Link #15
Echoes

This show was surprisingly enjoyable. The first episode really left me with an impression that this was going to be something I'd be dropping like a hot potato, but I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. The animation was great, and the general art-style really appeals to me. While there was a lot of fanservice, which might be seen as unnecessary, I didn't feel that it detracted from the show at all. It wasn't used as a replacement for content or character depth.

The characters were endearing, though some I felt didn't really rise above their given stereotype. The series had a large cast, which was a mixed bag. I was left feeling that many of the characters weren't given their chance to shine, but with such a large cast, that's probably asking too much to begin with. I'm just glad Itsuki was given a lot of screentime.

I found the voicework to be great for the most part, Fukuyama Jun as Leopard was a pure joy to listen to.

I don't have much to say about the plot. It kept me watching, but never really grabbed me, though comedy and the characters themselves kept me wanting more. I think that if you approach the show with the right attitude, you'll get a lot of entertainment out of it. I'd rate it somewhere around the 6 mark, i.e. roughly "good" on my personal scale.