View Single Post
Old 2011-04-10, 01:56   Link #1900
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I do think that he is right though. Despite their differing personalities, Sheryl and Ranka would understand each other the most as both are in love with the same guy, and both feel that they're standing on the unrequited side. Both girls also try to reach out through song, and bear a similar responsibility.

Of course, with shipping goggles on, you can read that in another way.
That being said, Ranka tips the scale on the unrequited love bit, not just with the rejection; but out of both girls, she is the most insecure about love. It's never truly explained why or explored, but I think it has to do with the fact she knows nothing about herself (forgotten past, no memory) and cannot connect with another when she doesn't know. So, Sheryl has it made, considering she has a past and knows herself very well, even her limits and heart; whilst Ranka struggles to even understand love and how it works.

Just wanted to mention that.

As for the interview, I hope there is an OVA. Plus, a Ranka spin-off would be kinda nice, as she IS a big part of Frontier's survival. After all, if Ranka hadn't met Sheryl and Alto, would we have gone on this long journey?