View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 06:38   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

I have no issue with messing around with poll options to make them more playful, but I won't endorse any attempt at making them a serious part of any episode thread.
But they already are a serious part of episode threads.

When an episode gets over 50% 10s, or an unusually high percentage of lower ratings, people do tend to notice that and many will comment on it in the episode thread itself, at least in my experience. And this is done both by people who love the episode, and those who didn't (or those who simply didn't think it was that exceptional).

My point is if you were to change the wording for 10s from "perfect" to "near perfect", I think this would lead to people taking the ratings less seriously than they already do, which seems to be what a lot of people commenting on this thread want anyway.

Also, the main reason I suggested this particular wording format is that you're already using this wording format for the SAO episode/series rating system, so presumably you think this wording format is at least worth testing out. I'm just saying "Nice alternations for the rating system. Good job there. I think it might be a good idea to apply those alterations throughout AS as a whole".

That doesn't preclude more widespread changes to the rating system later on down the line, of course.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-08-06 at 09:24.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote