View Single Post
Old 2008-07-14, 22:56   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
In all honesty, this wouldn't be the first, nor be the last game I would 'bypass' the DRM even though I bought the original copy if in the case I did buy it.
Well, yeah, same here. For example, because I travel a lot and want to bring games with me, I'll often bypass things like CD/DVD checks, simply because I don't want to travel with the discs. So that was sort of my point.

Quote:
And I'm not asking like limited edition box set quality. I'm perfectly fine with how some english eroges are published right now; a pretty looking case, with a colour card in the inside with the list and pics of the characters. Heck, even charge us customers who want it like 40 bucks plus S&H ON TOP of the price of the original game; I don't care, I just want it.
Well, I suppose you could buy a Japanese boxed edition, but that's definitely overkill.

Quote:
But if I'm only buying the virutal copy? It'd be indirectly supporting DRM, and would set a precedent for other companies to folow if successful. On the other hand, I want more of these kind of games coming this side of the pacific, especially with the recent loss of Hirameki on the non-eroge side of things (cuddles his complete collection of them ^_^).
The one thing I'm thinking as it relates to this two sides of the argument, is that if people don't buy the game simply because they don't want a download-only version, what they really need to do is to make sure they inform Circus and MangaGamer somehow of the reason they're withholding their purchase. If people simply don't buy and don't tell them, they'll just assume that the English market isn't interested in their games, and that doesn't further the agenda of the second point. So discussing it here is one thing, but it's really the companies who need to be made aware of the impact of their decisions. In this case, they don't really have any basis on which to make a comparison.

The whole thing leaves me wondering whether the MangaGamer people ever thought about approaching the J-List people about some sort of arrangement for a physical product (since they clearly already have the infrastructure to support that sort of thing). That might not be such a bad arrangement, if it were possible.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote