View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 00:38   Link #138
Clarste
Human

I kind of wonder how this anime is going to handle battle scenes. In the game, thanks to the magical mechanic of hit points, there can be a certain level of tension in battle even if everyone survives. The anime however, seems reluctant to show people getting shot, even faceless generic enemy soldiers. So far anyway. So, uh, how can they do a war anime without showing violence?

Also, there's quite a bit of mood dissonance. How can people cheerfully make jokes immediately after throwing a grenade and (presumably) killing three people? Not to mention the fact that they're still in mortal danger, and their hometown is under attack (everyone they know and love is at risk, blah blah blah). Maybe experienced soldiers would, but civilians? And Alicia probably doesn't have much real war experience either.

I understand that the game wasn't exactly a gritty war drama, but it took itself seriously in a way that doesn't seem to have happened yet in the anime. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote