View Single Post
Old 2009-08-18, 16:41   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Marvelous episode.

It's so nice and refreshing to see Hitagi portrayed in a realistic and alluring mature fashion. It's hard to effectively express just how refreshing this art style is for me right now.

Hitagi's incredibly witty insults made against Araragi were a guilty pleasure for me in this episode - on the one hand, I had to admit; they were exceptionally clever insults... on the other hand, they were so good and numerous that I started to feel like Hitagi was an utter verbally abusing monster, and that Araragi was being awfully mistreated.

The show-down with the Crab God was nicely rendered, and full of many exciting plot twists. The way the episode ended with Hitagi suddenly acting nice towards Araragi, and even apologizing to him, was such a sweet resolution - it meant that the guilty pleasure of appreciating her earlier barbs was now less of a guilty pleasure since she was being nice again.

Of course, whether or not that'll hold... who knows?

Anyway, two episodes in, and I'm liking this anime a lot. It definitely appears to be the best brand new anime out there.