View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 01:08   Link #1062
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What's going on?

Spoiler for 18:
Well, the comments Misaki made during the early episodes at Robo-1 made it clear that while she works for Sawada (and presumably, by extension the Committee of 300), she doesn't see herself as particularly aligned with them. So, her joining them has always seemed like an infiltration of sorts.

Furthermore, it seems obvious that Misaki and Mizuki knew something about Kimijima when they were high school students, and we see a major outward shift in Misaki's attitude at that time.

The easiest answer is she stumbled upon something so big, that she felt she had to put on an act and single-handedly save the world.

I've never been too comfortable with that though, because to be quite frank, Misaki gives off evil end-boss antagonist vibes way too much (especially when you remember this is based on a video game). I mean, I do think she must have stumbled on something big with the whole Kimijima stuff when she was a high school student, but perhaps it was something so big that it crushed her idealism and instead of infiltrating the Cof300 to save the world/be the good guy, she did it because whatever she found out so disillusioned her that she's decided to be the power player, rather than the cog (and would explain why she suddenly decided building robots was child's play).

Sawada's attitude and the short interplay at the end of this episode further seems to shed Misaki in more of the end-boss role, than secret champion of justice.

Other thoughts:

* Glad to see them state straight out that Kai has thought Tagringer was Misaki. I always thought so, as there were too many coincidental clues, but glad for confirmation. Though, I'm still completely pulling a blank as to what the fighting game has to do with anything (or the AIs for that matter).

* While I do think Misaki is shaping up to be the end boss, so to speak, I don't think she's completely lost it to evil. Her silent, but very physical, reactions when Kai confronted her in the parking lot with Mizuki's death would insinuate that beneath the cold exterior and whatever master plan she's been working on all these years, that she's not completely lost her emotional connections to her childhood self.

* Operation Wyvern, in the context of how near genocide is supposed to be one of the plot threads in this show, seems a bit ominous, seeing as the Wyvern can be symbolized as an evil creature that feeds on the souls of the unsuspecting.

* Could we (or, at least, I) have been under a red herring/false assumption over the Cof300? What if they were never intending to wipe out most of humanity, but were actually trying to avert it, and it's Misaki who's subverting them to do the dasterdly deed? Though, regardless of who's actually trying to kill off most of humanity, I still can't fathom a very good reason for doing so. This isn't Power Rangers, so presumably there's a seemingly rational reason that will eventually come to light.

* Throwing a bottle at someone on a ladder, and them falling, and then the crowd just standing there...so lame. Sure, we hear stories of public apathy, and I guess I'm just lucky that I've never actually personally experienced such a situation where people would simply let such douche bags walk away. Good to see Mr. Space Candy take them in tow, at least.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote