View Single Post
Old 2016-02-27, 09:00   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well there goes Sugawara career as a diplomat not because he gave asylum but because he is going to marry that 12 year old in 4 years.

I'd say not giving asylum is a bad move on the minister's part. Why? Not only does to give the wrong signal to gate world polities it gives the wrong impression too to Japan's Earth allies.
I'm not so sure it would hurt them politically to such a strong extent. Casel immediately realized that seeking asylum from the Japanese would cause a great deal of trouble for Sugawara and everyone else over there. The other politicians also know how the game works, so they most likely understand the motivation. Sherry was actually showing just a bit of her childish side here, failing to recognize the trouble she'd cause her beloved and only thinking of how the man she loves would surely run to protect her. Props on him for obliging though.

But as someone else said, it's still somewhat questionable how long Sherry will wait before she starts trying to push matters. I mean, she's demonstrated at least a rudimentary understanding of sex appeal: the first time she met him she tried to get his attention by squeezing his arm into her bre.... er... ribs. I doubt she'll push for sex or anything like that, at least for a couple more years, but she may very well start demanding kisses.