View Single Post
Old 2008-05-12, 19:42   Link #31
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I actually had forgotten Claymore but I don't think Gundam SEED/Destiny are inferior to it as far as seiyuu casts go but of course this is a matter of very subjective taste. Let's just say that according to me Claymore is lacking a bit in regards of male talent due to its very nature (few male characters) and the lack of the allmighty Takehito Koyasu and Toshihiko Seki which are present in SEED.

Quote:
I'm particularly impressed with Nakajima Megumi - she started off a little shaky, but she's gotten much more comfortable with Ranka's role lately. Her work is much more deep-voiced than most other seiyuu would have used for Ranka's archetype, and I think that it's a refreshing change.
That's true, I might have not mentioned her because her character is not exactly my favourite but with the wrong seiyuu such type of characters can instead of "not my favourite" be "extremely annoying" - at least in my eyes (or should I say ears? ). I think her Ranka is sounding just as it should - shy but not so much that it becomes an overkill, also with determinatino in the right moments.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote