View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 20:36   Link #1756
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
There's no way he can survive Material Burst. That's the whole point of him using the Third Eye CAD. Tatsuya said that his Restoration couldn't keep up with Lina's laser and a nuclear explosion is probably just as fast.

Concerning the phantom pain, it's an actual medical term for those who don't know. When Tatsuya Restores himself, he still feels pain from the injuries he had due to phantom pain. When Tatsuya Restores something alive besides himself he feels 50 times the pain. He can still go on with his pain as he went through two major battles using Restoration on his allies with no evident show of discomfort.
haha yea I definitely cant claim anything right now. But I'm just going by the amount of information we have at this moment. For me, there are 2 reasons why he uses his third eye CAD.

one is of course, he may not be able to survive his material burst. But if he can, then the only reason he would use the third eye is so everyone he cares about doesn't get disintegrated in the blast radius (especially miyuki) as well as the collateral damage. For someone as intelligent as tatsuya, having the power to generate nuclear scale explosions casually should be used carefully even if he or she can survive it.

From the summaries I've read, Lina was stated to be able to bypass his restoration, but theres a lot of factors that hasn't be stated. Which is why summaries cant hold a candle to actual translations. We still haven't gotten enough information on what unsealing tatsuya does to his abilities, nor have we ever seen a limit to them either.

in conclusion, with the information we have so far, I definitely agree with you 100% that he theoretically cant survive his material burst; but the same can be said that there is no proof that he cant survive it either.

It just my gut feeling who knows, maybe we'll see it in future volumes as they delve deeper into his restoration and decomposition.

P.S: I believe the pain Tatsuya goes through when restoring someone else is 150 times stronger (not 50) in a fraction of second. Correct if wrong.

Last edited by bloodyclaws; 2012-12-08 at 20:41. Reason: correcting a statement