View Single Post
Old 2006-12-29, 06:50   Link #2834
pinoy_big_narutonian

Send a message via Yahoo to pinoy_big_narutonian
The Newbie from the Philippines!

Good day, everyone!

I'm the newest man of the hour here. I was born, and stiil living, here in Quezon City, the Philippines. My very first fandom, as you can see in my user name, is Naruto (and Pinoy Big Brother?!?). My current fandom is Jigoku Shoujo (lit. Hell Girl), but I can anticipate that it will be Negima! for me next month.

Hn, I think what makes the Philippines special is that you don't have to have a cable/satellite TV connection (or even an Internet connection, if getting it here at ANimeSuki) just to have anime. Four of our local TV stations here have at least 4 hours of timeslot for anime every single day (except for Lent, unfortunately).

Still, we couln't get any happier if we have cable, because we have 2 cable TV channels entirely devoted to anime: HERO-TV (anime dubbed in Tagalog, our native language) and ANIMAX Philippines (dubbed in English, our second language). Lucky, lucky.

Thank you everyone at ANimeSuki for accomodating me here in your forums. If you want (not-so-)regular updates of my life (and fandoms), you can go to my 2-month old blog, The Scientian/Otaku Life. Again, arigatou gozaimasu!
pinoy_big_narutonian is offline   Reply With Quote