View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 03:40   Link #18
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

One game that comes to mind -this should bring some vague memories of the early FPS world, before the 3D boom- is NovaLogic's Delta Force: Angel Falls. NovaLogic is practically nothing more than a sad memory now, but that company introduced me (when I had my first PCs) to the military-themed FPS genre (and then some, since I also played their last F22 Lightning and Comanche games). Played DF, DF2 and then quality and innovation went downhill from there. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (yes, inspired by the movie of the same name) was probably their last attempt at self-resuscitation and endeavor to get back into the game (no pun intended), but that was it. They completely foundered after that - got left in the dust by more ambitious FPS titles. DF: Joint Operations was an attempt to lean towards the Battlefield and Operation Flashpoint side (vehicle interaction, 32p+ multiplayer maps), but IIRC it wasn't really impressive.

There were a few screenshots available for DF:AF, but they were leaked a couple years back and now the game is pretty much vaporware. I don't intend to ever buy DF:AF should it ever come out (ha, you wish), it's just my nostalgia kicking in.