View Single Post
Old 2017-10-29, 02:41   Link #879
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yesterday was pure torture. I played a dozen matches: 80% of them saw my team doing a lemming train to one side of the map...and spectacularly losing. Even after shouting at them not to behave like arctic rodents, they still went and left one side utterly undefended; it was so bad at one point I was sorely tempted to ragequit...but I didn't want a bloody report so I had to stay till the bitter end.

The problem with German BBs is their lower amount of guns (8 guns per ship, until the Großer Kurfürst) and astonishingly high dispersion rate; T8 BBs like the NC and Amagi have much better chances of actually landing hits on their targets and therefore tend to feel less frustrating. Be warned, the Friedrich der Große plays like a bad Bismarck: sure, it has a 420mm gun upgrade and the same secondary complement as its predecessor, but it is bogged down by lousy acceleration and maneuverability and therefore cannot dodge torpedoes as well as its predecessor. Oh, and, like every other KM BB, it burns easily when subjected to HE.

I'm also starting to seriously slow down. I reached the four T10s I wanted to play (Montana, Des Moines, Zao and Yamato) and I feel less and less incentive to grind now, aside from retrieving old ships I previously sold in order to afford newer ones. I'm still occasionally grinding the Edinburgh (though I hate its inherent fragility and short range) but I'm not that wowed by either the Yorck or Algérie (they're not bad, they're just not extraordinary) enough to jump into matches with them. Truth be told, I'm actually grinding for $ nowadays, not for XP - and even there I'm starting to feel the need to play other games for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
but my Monarch is pure AP.
Thousands of WOWS players will probably give you plenty of hearty claps on the back and thumbs up for this admission. Or maybe even some beer.