View Single Post
Old 2014-12-06, 12:18   Link #77
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

It took me a while to get to this episode. I really haven't been in the mood for any dark psychological crime thrillers lately, but a reviewer that I respect has been intent on trashing this show, so I have taken it upon myself to watch it to see what all of the fuss is about. I'm actually enjoying myself thinking about all of the possibilities of what can happen next while absorbing the details of the plot as they come. They making some bold moves in the narrative, which I can understand not everyone likes; playing it safe and doing the same things they did last season would have made everyone happier, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm still taking my time processing the information this episode has given while giving myself a chance to discuss some minor points while they're still on my mind. Speaking of minor, I really thought Mika was onto something while she was typing her report, but she just had to go on about Akane. She's still playing the game like it's high school (which, again, brings to light her immaturity and her sheltered life in the all-girls academy). I can see why some people may be annoyed with her, especially Akane fans, but she's really so insignificant to the plot right now that all she does is illicit eyerolls from me.

The real players in this game are Akane, the Toganes, and Kamui. Everyone else a minor piece completely dependent on the moves they make, including Mika.

One major question I have now is: what do the Toganes stand to gain from revealing the true nature of the Sibyl System to the world? Shouldn't this be kept under wraps for only relevant parties to know? And if using Mika as a reaction test is any indicator of what's to come when the average citizen finds out (read: mass freakage), will they reconsider their plan?

I wanted to go straight to Episode 9, but I may have to rest after all of that. Shit is getting really dark.