Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2018-05-24, 23:31   Link #2572
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
New episode of Sun and Moon left me upset that Ash won. Mostly because Mimikyu was on fire this episode.

Spoiler:

Am I wrong for wanting them to win for once?
It's been 18 months since I dropped off the Pokemon anime, and while I do understand your frustration, TR trio beating Ash even once NEVER is going to happen. In fact, can and must NEVER happen.

Why?
To my understanding, TR trio are established antagonistic, villains with a clear and nefarious purpose to steal other people's pokemon and, particularly, obsessed to steal Pikachu from Ash at any cost; being doing that futile, personal enterprise for around 1000 episodes and the result Always ending in failure.

Because, they are the villains, then the protagonist character, Ash, has to Always defeat them whenever doing misdeeds or crossing paths with the protagonist, again for the reason that they want to do mischief.

I can imagine if in the unfathomable and hypothetical scenario TR trio were to beat Ash in an overwhelming and crushing manner, then there will be outcry from the target, demographic viewers being little children.

I believe is like one trying to sort out frustration at understanding why in Sentai shows like Kamen Rider or Ultraman the MC has to always win every major battle at the climax of each story arc against a particular villain monster or antagonistic warrior, that to the surprise of the MC, displays a higher level at fighting, power levels, putting to good use strategy and skills, and is able to actually deliver a hell to the MC, nonetheless, the protagonist manages to always turn the tide of the battle at the end.

Of course, you're welcome to let's agree to disagree with me and present more plausible, valid, and/or practical explanations as to why, even if in the rare instances that they put up a truly good fight, still TR trio always gets owned by Ash.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote