View Single Post
Old 2017-08-21, 20:44   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The current team of AoE2 is also nowhere near it if I understand right (for better or worse).

If Age of Empires Online (the AoE1 remake that never was) is anything to go by, expect this to be a giant fuckup. Marketing wise both it and Gigantic have been fucked by the MS store tie in.

Among their recent glorious announcements you also have the release of Rise of Nations extended edition (which has been on steam for ages). So whoever their announcements are for, it certainly isn't the current fan base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am getting the same vibe as when Blizzard tried to convince everyone that Diablo 3 would be better than Diablo 2, despite the fact that the Diablo 2 team had long disbanded.
The saddest part is that D3 is actually a good game mechanically and graphically... the only problem is they tried really hard to just piggy back on D2, screwing everything over. The story screwups make the game near unplayable for me (it's like anti-nostalgia). They should have just given it a completely unrelated story, changed the world, etc.

I guess MS had the same problem "Should we continue an old game? Should we make a new game from scratch?"

Let's hope that out of FOUR! (aoe1:de, aoe2:de, aoe3:de, aoe4) we get at least one not terrible one (hopefully aoe4, but honestly that's the least likely for me atm).