View Single Post
Old 2009-07-21, 23:16   Link #72
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

hmm, people are suggesting a lot of good ones.
I'll suggest some that were aired recently/currently that I think very few people know on this forum. There are all internet streams.

Fireball - This is a short CG anime by Toei & Disney of Japan.
Genre: Comedy
Summary: In a distant future, Drossel (robot/heroine) and her massive mechanical cyclopian servant Gedächtnis are besiege by humanity which seems to be in some epic war. But the Drossel seems a bit clueless to how serve the situation is and has very random idle conversations with her servant.

Tentai Senshi Sunred
Genre: Comedy
Summary: Basically you have a Japanese Tokusatu super hero named Sunred. His mission is to protect the city of Kanagawa from the evil organisation Florsheim. But in reality, Sunred is just too badass. He is so much more powerful than any monster the organization brings that he stopped wearing his super hero uniform and walks around in his Tee-shirt, shorts, and sandals. He doesn't work at all and bums off his girlfriend, playing panchinko with the allowance she gives him. But for me the kicker is, the evil organization Florsheim while plotting to kill Red and take over the world, is quite nice, has a great reputation in the neighborhood, and the antagonist General Vamp become fairly good friends with Red's GF even giving her advice with general household needs.

イヴの時間 (Time of Eve)
Genre: Sci-Fi
Summary: Humanity has pretty much perfected making androids. Many of these androids are marketed and used as personal assistants for people to use. However, there are many who dislike this integration of technology as the androids look too human. The society's standpoint is this technology should be treated any differently than any other household appliance. The law even demands all androids project a holographic command ring/halo over their heads to differentiated them from "people." The story follows Rikuo whose family owns one droid named "Sammy." While reviewing Sammy's activation log, he comes across a strange command/phrase "Are you enjoying the Time of Eve?" Following GPS record of where Sammy went, Rikuo comes across a cafe named "The Time of Eve." With each visit to this unique cafe, Rikuo begins to question his own understanding of what being "human" is.

Since I saw this mentioned...
Byousoku 5 Centimeter ... If this is not considered well known on this forum then I also recommend She and Her Cat and Voices of a Distant Star. Hell, I'm a sucker for Makoto Shinkai's works, but really are these not that well known?