Old 2010-01-08, 19:48   Link #22029
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
@RB I could have sworn it was more than 24 hours already

@Satashi ...you have some weird fans XD

Then again I am sure all of us have had the "odd" reviews before. You just gotta...how should I put it...look outside the box I guess is the best way. The ones I find most frustrating are those that someone is trying to tell you that something is wrong or they are upset at something, but you...just...cant...make..sense of them. A perfect example would be the review RB had recently. Those drive me up the wall...and to make matters worse...when you PM them and ask what they meant or for clarification...they dont respond back and they just say the same exact thing on the next review its like....*gaaaaaaah~*
I myself am always fond of getting story alerts for my one-shots. There's nothing that takes the happy out of getting a good review than the reviewer waving a giant sign saying "I did not pay the slightest bit of attention to either the big "Complete" flag in the story line or to the actual completion of the narrative."

(Mind you, I've flagged one apparently completed story with a story alert myself, but in my defense, Satashi still hasn't marked "Spinel Heart" as complete! )

Like 00-Raiser, I had no trouble interpreting that review Satashi got at a glance; it just left me shaking my head wondering why the person would write like that. I always wonder if people who leave reviews like that are posting those reviews from their cell phone or something...particularly when they can't...get...the...shift...key...to...work!

@Kaijo: On a completely different note, with regard to Vivio and her friends, unless you want to skate away from canon, I'd suggest avoiding the "lonely kid"/"trouble making friends" trope. Everything mentioned about her seems quite the opposite: from Strikers Sound Stage 4, Track 11 (where she basically ends up chatting eagerly with the first kids she meets), to Movie Sound Stage (N Side) Tracks 8-9, to ViVid, shows her as an outgoing girl who has no trouble making friends and getting along with people wherever she goes (note that in ch. 1 of ViVid, she, Corona, and Rio are excited about all being in the same class, which negates the "Corona's the new kid" theory--they had to know each other before 4th Grade started), whether they're her own age or older than her. Actually, if you get right down to it, Quattro is the only person in the series who ever has any kind of "I don't get along with you" moment with Vivio at all.

(Honestly, it sometimes seems that Nanoha is actually learning from the abandonment issues of her own childhood and making sure that Vivio doesn't have those moments, though I'm probably giving the writers too much credit.)

Last edited by DezoPenguin; 2010-01-08 at 20:04. Reason: To avoid the dreaded double post!!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote