View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 08:45   Link #64
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Here, I have no idea what the heck anime was thinking since they never bothered to explain the full extent of his plan or tactics. But Yamato does take care of his man and treats them reasonably (not nice or gentle mind you) He doesn't ask anything of them he wouldn't do himself and whatever sacrifices he makes in the game are necessary ones where everyone was aware of the risks from the beginning. They're not results of petty fits of frustration like some random hollywood villain with laser-shark pools. He's born to make hard decisions.
Yamato in game was a great leader. Yamato in anime is simply incompetent. Yamato in game would put the right people for the right job (when he could) and thus would not sacrifice so many of his people needlessly while putting the better fighters on stand by so far from the frontline. IIRC in early game he was n the frontline leading the JPs for boss battles whenever possible (even though circumstances prevents him from actually fighting) until he found that he could delegate that role to Hibiki. And what's up with his lack of smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I kind of wish they didn't reveal the Anguished One's name as Alcor so early in the anime. If people bother to look at where the Septentriones' names came from, it's a pretty big hint on what he truly is.

I also don't want to see him lose his Al Saiduq name, because that name along with his lack of human common sense is hilarious.
Alcor in game had a positively weird dialogue and positively bizarre sense of humor. Alcor in the anime is so boring.

I appreciate the anime trying to make Ronaldo and Keita more reasonable, but why do they find it necessary to shaft the other characters, especially Yamato, Daichi and Alcor, my favorites. From the short scene we have, Jungo in anime actually sounds like someone of normal intelligence.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote