View Single Post
Old 2009-01-28, 13:35   Link #18098
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Leaving her mother for self-sacrifice is not OOC for her, but allowing Lelouch to put under geass and sent on massacre thousands of human beings, bring war back to Japan, blow up Mt Fuji, and risk the lifes of all the represantative of the UNF, with the consequent destabilization of the organization - beacuse this is what ZR took- well, I don't know how to make this t fit in her character.
It was hard to make up my mind that Suzaku had his reasons to do it, and it was easier to see the reasons for him to be this disilluded and longing for self-annihilation.

ZR is good in the goal, but steps over all the principles Karen has fought for (and she kinda repeats this in the dialogue in the final battle with Suzaku), and I can't see the old Karen accepting this compromise, moreover if it's implied - as from the poem - that the reason why she would have was not her ideal of a better world, but her feelings for Lelouch only.

Her reaction in Turn 19 was very much in-chara for her - heat of the moment and the belief that Lelouch hasn't really cheated on them - but the poem is pointing toward Turn.22, and there, she was not under in the heat of the moment, she had a whole month to rethink the - 'lulz my pawns' VS 'you must live on' - thing. In the meantime, Lelouch had already started ZR, and from there (to answer to Loli, too) I get the idea that the poem means she was ready to join ZR, something that I'm unable to make fit in her character...
but maybe I'm reading too much into that line.

Anyway, I'd have like to had a clear answer about this, coming to this point. PD 9...?
and now that I think about it... what is PD 8 supposed to talk about, news anyone?

Spoiler for My thoughts on the subject: