View Single Post
Old 2007-06-03, 23:11   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
Somebody told me that Gundam Seed was supposed to be a three part series. Did the producers scrap that project? After GSD, should the series RIP? I can understand though, since GSD was a big disappointment, both in storyline and quality.
It was intended to be a trilogy, but despite the popularity of SEED with bishie-clamoring 12-15 year old Japanese girls (Who I assume Tak is referring to when he says "serious" Gundam fans ) critical acclaim does mean something (See Code Geass) and if it doesn't than the in-fighting rumored amoungst GSD's staff must of meant something, or maybe Fukuda calling GSD the single most disappointing work of his entire career meant something...But I guess people just cherrypicked the quote "GSD was a big disappointment" as said ...

I'd say the fact there is no 3rd series when C.E. was suppose to be taking on the UC mantle is as telling as it is revealing...The fact it was never meant to just be another AU and by all accounts IS, is also telling...As it's been crammed down my throat that Fukuda and his wife are superior when it comes to OVA's I'll be expecting a good-a$$ SEED movie that entertains girl sleepover parties aswell as general fans (Hilarious that's what I am based on the defense, a general fan of Gundam, too rich xD)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
And no, contrary to popular belief that GSD flopped and is hated by everyone everywhere, GSD is selling damn well to the demographic target audience that matters.
Glad to hear you standing as one voice with pre-teen girls who vote Kira and Lacus "Nuumbaa 1" in every Newtype poll... "GSD is doing great because it's selling to it's demographic?" Yep your right, almost as if I type that out for my computer to answer me...