View Single Post
Old 2011-08-30, 18:46   Link #2009
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The point is your comment on Kira's "neutrality" as a character is irrelevant.
I think it's completely relevant. There's nothing wrong with neutral characters, but when they stop being characters and become plot devices there is something wrong.

Quote:
Not showing emotion is not the same as being emotionless. You sould realize that Kira doesn't get any joy in fighting even though he's good at it.
I do realize that, which is why he should show that he doesn't get any joy from fighting. Instead, what do they show? Him going about his business as usual both before and after he gets in the cockpit.

Quote:
So it should be clear why Kira doesn't usually display any emotion, especially after what he's been through in SEED.
That's even more reason to show emotion, and at the very least more of a reason to try to connect with characters like Shinn and Rey. Sure, they weren't in the mood to listen, but Kira never even made the effort. After Stella died, which Kira should have some understanding of Shinn's emotional state considering what happened to Flay, Kira's only communication with Shinn was "Please stop!", and I don't remember a single dialogue during his battle with Rey. He was Rau's ghost, nothing more.