View Single Post
Old 2007-05-13, 10:45   Link #19
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I have to say the fatties are built like a tank. I've dropped it accidentally from a shelf of 1metre and it's still going. It's survived me moving 3 separate times all over Australia. For a long time it was the only DVD player I had.

hey even if the system is dead, the DVD format will still be the standard for a while yet, well at least someone wins the HD/Blu ray wars IMO. At worst you'll have a backup DVD player. (Which is why I went PS2 instead of xbox initially as it was good to go as a DVD player without additional purchasing of equipment, the price diff was only 20 by the time I bought it and the xbox remote cost like $60 here). Yes, I'm a cheap skate. Also the RPG genre seems to be better represented by Ps2 (FF, Kingdom Hearts etc etc) but Xbox had the better FPS ( halo etc etc). At least that's what I think.

I actually can't thnk of a recent generation console that didn't have issues in the first year. Xbox had drive issues and the PS2 had power? issues. 360 had a few bugs at release and well the PS3 I haven't heard much but I'm sure something will creep up.

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-05-13 at 10:57.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote