View Single Post
Old 2011-04-21, 01:52   Link #153
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

This is not related directly to the spoiler policy per see, but it is something I have seen people complain in the past about, so I may as well clear this up here and now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Apparently I received -16 reputation points for posting "nice spoilers". Is this really such a huge deal that negative reputation points need to be handed out to the guy who got spoiled?

All I did was hear on the news that a huge earthquake hit near Tokyo, so a friend told me some discussion on how reality and anime differ happened in the Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 thread.

Really, -16 reputation points for possibly publicly warning anyone else who hadn't seen TM8 yet? Is it just because it was a short post? Because I've certainly posted much more controversial stuff about anime episodes that never got me -16 reputation points.
When you jump in the middle of a general thread of a show that has already ended, then you are in fact exposing yourself to spoilers, no if or buts about it. You cannot seriously expect people to hide everything behind spoiler tags once an episode has been subbed for such a long time, just because you suddenly feel like watching the show.

Oh, and bringing up facts about TM8 here does count as posting spoilers, so your post will be edited for that.

Quote:
Really, -16 reputation points for possibly publicly warning anyone else who hadn't seen TM8 yet?
Again, this was your fault. The show was already listed in the older series section, which is cleary marked as being one for shows that have already ended. If people are still spoiling themselves after this, then they only have themselves to blame for that.

And in case you are wondering.... then no, this is not the place to talk about reputation and any posts trying to further discuss this will be deleted. (if you still have questions about this, then do it through PM instead).