View Single Post
Old 2011-09-21, 08:47   Link #27
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Still wondering what's up with Masuzu and why she is suddenly latching onto Eita.
Actually, I think I can understand Masuzu perfectly - in fact, I've been in an Eita-like situation for around a month during university days myself. She's standing out so much that fending off unwanted attention, pick-up attempts and confessions becomes bothersome. Therefore, a make-believe linkup with someone makes perfect sense and is much less invasive than rather continuing to be exposed.

Keep in mind that she doesn't dislike Eita at all. The famous "I detest the mere sight of your face" smackdown tirade was only a playful response to "meet his expectations". The "something like that?" smile makes that clear. Yes, her boyfriend ploy is a hoax, but she respects Eita, see "you're different from the other boys". Also, her smile when she commended him on being able to apologize so easily were clearly genuine (which was particularly ironic because Eita misunderstands it to be her "illegal smile casting men into hell")

The beauty of this setup is that with Chiwa's efforts to latch on to Eita, she is essentially forcing Masuzu's hand to keep up her girlfriend facade, and to intensify her playful "dating". Still, Masuzu obviously doesn't mind these activities, if anything, she seems to have fun. And like this, Chiwa becomes the most active proponent in turning Masuzu's fake interest in Eita into something more tangible and real.

So, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this Normal_Guy/Playful_Troll/Clingy_Osananajimi setup ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote