View Single Post
Old 2008-08-09, 21:44   Link #2007
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
"I wanted to see what you do and you did not disappoint. You let thousands of Japanese die. Then you let Euphemia take the blame. Even for a guy like me that's cold."

"You see their morals, their code. It's all a bad joke. They're dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. When the chips are down, these uh...these so called civilized people will eat each other. You see I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.".
Ok, I know we should've dropped the Joker a long time ago and it's drifting off topic, but people need to consider the concept of an unreliable speaker.

The Joker is batshit insane. : | It doesn't matter what his claims of his philosophy are, in that scene he's trying to influence Dent to go all Nietzsche on everyone's ass to do his chaotic bidding. The most sense he truly makes is no sense. Just because he says something doesn't mean he actually believes it.

To make it Geass related, the Emperor can be seen as the same way. We're really unsure of what his real goals are, obviously related to the Ragnarok Connection, and he could easily be goading Lelouch by talking about how his "morals" conflict with his own. We're not too sure what Lelouch's purpose is to Charles, or if he has any at all. We CAN agree that the Euphie thing was cold, if even a little necessary.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote