Thread: Licensed Tiger & Bunny (Sunrise)
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-13, 03:41   Link #121
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This anime is definitely not targeted at kids. It's targeted at a much larger audience. It's particularly going for the older super hero geeks.

The universe is starting to be fleshed out. Wild Tiger was inspired by Mr Legend. I guess Mr Legend was a hero during the golden age, before endorsements and the like.

I'm guessing that excessive collateral damage and the like led to the government to heavily regulate super powered vigilantism and NEXT.... similar to what happened in the Incredibles or Marvel.

I guess super heroes have to be sponsored in order for them to be legal and insured. It seems the active super heroes have to live with a lot of red tape.

Anyhow, Tiger and Barnaby have the same power. For 5 minutes, they're Superman. The others aren't as powerful but don't appear to have time limits.

I wonder if Barnaby is Mr Legend's son. The guy that appears to be his father has a similar jaw. With a blond wig and fake mustache, he'd look like him. It also makes me wonder if Tiger and Barnaby could be related but not know it. They do have the same powers.

Tigers daughter may have powers, too.

I wonder where they'll go with this. How long is this series? 12, 24, 52+?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote