View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 21:05   Link #50
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
jeez we get it. The first steals madara's ice cream and he gets all emo and wants to destroy the village. We've seen this story told like 5 times now.
Yeah, seems like every single rivalry begins with childhood friends. I would've liked to see Hashirama and Madara first meet as enemies -- maybe as young soldiers before they rose though the ranks of their clans. Them playing together as children seems weird. I thought the Uchiha/Senju feud went back generations before Hashirama and Madara. Why would the two kids both be playing in the same area?

Also, I'm unsure how Hashirama is telling this story. Did he actually describe the entire battle only to abruptly start talking about how he first met Madara

Anyways, there we were, Madara and I, charging towards each other in the climatic final attack in our duel to the death---wait, did I tell you how we first met? Ok, it started when we were boys skipping stones at the creek...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Does nobody here realize the funny reference in this flashback? In the second flashback, Hashirama skips his stone to the other side first. In the first flashback, Madara hurls a bijuu ball to another shore across the sea.
Yes, I thought it was kinda clever.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote