View Single Post
Old 2010-04-30, 11:20   Link #91
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
But for plot reasons Priscilla has to win (will either be Clare or Raki that fights her and wins) against the destroyer.

Or atleast tie and something else kills the destroyer (a DoD invading the island or something)
While I get the logic... your assuming death match and no outside interference. For example the ghosts taking tons of pot shots on Priscilla when she's fighting The Destroyer could level out the battle to where Priscilla could potentially lose (though still unlikely). Even with their yoki released the ghosts should be masked by The Destroyers massive yoki aura, so Priscilla could never scene there exact location but have to rely on her 5 human senses to locate them while also taking on The Destroyer. Plus if Priscilla starts to doubt her chances of total victory she could always play it safe and run away waiting for The Destroyer to become more drained of yoki. I highly doubt The Destroyer could give chase to someone as fast as Priscilla.

Also lets say Priscilla's human side comes back and evil awakened Priscilla side can't give it her all and is too distracted by her other half to give it her all. Though I doubt it, since it does seem now that Yagi is going to make Priscilla evil incarnate. (God... a stereotypical villain... in Claymore. I so miss the 3 Abyssal Ones right now, since as evil as they where they came off as interesting, sympathetic, and likable at times. Personal opinions not withstanding.) This is why I'd want Priscilla to have an internal conflict since it would make her more interesting. Sure it will make us cheer as Clare finally gains the upper hand one day and kills her but until then... she'll bore us to no end.

There is also a slim chance that the organization will get something made from Raki quickly (or Raki himself) and send it out to pick off the weakened winner or to get more samples. This could force Priscilla into taking on a 2nd opponent close to her level after having already taken a beating. This could make the battle a stalemate, Priscilla knowing that if she fights anymore the org gains the upper hand. Forcing Priscilla to rest and get "some" nourishment. After resting Priscilla could just wait a bit for The Destroyer to drain a bit more of her power so she can finish her quickly, so she can focus solely on the remaining threat being the organization. Thus allowing her uninterrupted time to her hunt for Clare.

The least likely way for it to end with a draw is to have The Destroyer find a way to replenish her energy and choose to do so. This would likely mean something like regaining some of her memories to motivate her to do so, maybe by Clare giving them back to her or soul links with her for a time. Hence it being the least likely, that is unless you want to speculate on Teresa coming back some how since that would be the least likely outcome.

So I get your logic and if it was solely a one on one death match I'd be inclined to agree. However it isn't and outside interference is quite likely and Deneve is smart enough to know that even if they escape today, if Priscilla wins she will track them down. So they will likely make a stand to fight for there long term survival.