Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 02:56   Link #38
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Double standards everywhere, yes, but just because they exist doesn't make them right.

It is not okay to hit anyone! It doesn't matter what they have or don't have between their legs! Violence against other people is inexcusable unless there are extreme mitigating circumstances--i.e. self-defense or the defense of other innocent people.

It's not okay to bully anyone, regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, style of dress, whether they wear glasses, whether they play videogames or are gigantic otaku.

It's absolutely not okay for anyone to touch anyone else in a sexual manner without their consent. That's sexual harassment at the very least. Sex doesn't matter one whit.

It's absolutely not okay for anyone to abuse their partner, regardless of whether it's a woman abusing a man, a man abusing a woman, or a gay man or lesbian abusing a partner.

These things are never okay. They just aren't. But things get twisted and warped by ridiculous double standards of gender roles and masculine/feminine identity.
That is EXACTLY what I was trying to say.

Thank god someone managed to be able to phrase that for me.

Thank you syn-nee ^^
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote