View Single Post
Old 2008-03-15, 08:39   Link #1179
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Spoiler for wrapped for length ^^:
It's almost weird how well Clare and Miria fit together despite being so different. As I've alluded to before, these two fit just like Griffith and Guts did when they were still the White Hawks. I believe that Griffith was telling Casca how he always knew that Guts was a hot-head and eager to rush in so he made his battle plans with that already in mind. I see Miria doing the same, if not similar, with Clare whenever they go to fight together.

Miria also knows that one day, Clare will leave them - she has to. While I wouldn't say that Clare has no group loyalty; it was Miria herself who 'disbanded' them just to follow through with the revenge for Pieta and her original intent against the Org. All the Ghosts, except for Yuma, are united by the desire to avenge the fallen so that's the common goal they'll work for, even if some of them take different paths to do so. They are also united in that they are not just comrades but friends instead of just being thrown together as usual.

If I may, I see Miria as wanting to follow Clare, not into battle or anything, but just in general - being with her rather than following her. She has a quality that makes strong people gravitate to her, despite her being weak. Clare's not fully aware of this so she tries to push people away from her because of her own experiences that nearly everyone around her gets hurt in some way. Clare just needs to get it through her head that whatever happens - it's not always her fault. Life's just that way.