View Single Post
Old 2011-02-04, 00:51   Link #48
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I know. It just bugs me that there are loads of potential solutions to this problem that still involve magic, but they're not going to be used just so the Hucks can be a ridiculous threat and the heroes they now are popular can still be used. Sort of breaks the suspension of disbelief.
Point taken.

In fact the Stardust Fall-like spells are pretty good options because Nanoha only lifted the rocks and used magic to propel them with enough force to become powerfull proyectiles, the de-linkin will only cancel the pink aura pushing the rocks but they still will be under the attack of fast propelled heavy pieces of stone. I don't know how Otto's powers work but if it where true that she can use her powers without mana-linking that woulbe make her "Ray Storm" spell into a very suitable option to attend the case, after all it's a multi-target, high powered continuous beam attack. even if it can stop cold the huckebein still can limit their movements greatly. We still need to watch the chapter to know how exactly Karen saves the Huckebein from Hayate's Titanic-killer attack, tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Hell, the second Isis tried to use one, she got her neck broken for her trouble.
Isis is the first character who creatively uses magic in a way that let her avoid the hucks delinking in order to effectively attack them(using spells that mix the chemicals creating ractions with diverse effects that suits various situations, pretty smart from her part). also is very unlikely that she will get out of action, this probably only will serve to reveal more of her true nature.

For the moment we need to wait still another two or three chapter for this battle to finally end, it's the first real encounter with the Huckebein and we're about to see if the TSAB and Hayate learn from their mistakes and make a more elaborate strategy to deal with these guys. Meanwhile be prepared for the Huckebein's Victory Party aboard the Huckship, Karen invites the second round xD!.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote