View Single Post
Old 2014-10-14, 01:25   Link #3796
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And I'd argue the civil war is pretty needed if they want to keep their world habitable.
To which I'd say Al-Thamen are not that big of a problem or are not a problem that is all that easily solved. They hardly matter in the scheme of things as long as they don't accomplish their goal. The whole world does not need to unite to defeat them and Kou has no interest in helping them to achieve their goal.

In a nutshell, if you know you are being manipulated, you can do something about it. That's the kind of relationship Kou had with Al-Thamen. Now they're in a situation where Hakuryuu thinks either he has complete control over them or that they're dead. He thinks he's won and that is more dangerous than simply fighting or resisting them.

Quote:
And that I'm not nearly as interested as you are in motivations, En's or Hakuryu's.
It's a question of character. If En were actually a bad ruler, Hakuryuu might have some justification for what he's doing, but En is not a bad ruler and Hakuryuu knows it. All Hakuryuu sees is a rival for what he believes to rightfully belong to him, despite the fact that the feeling is not mutual.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote