View Single Post
Old 2010-08-21, 12:19   Link #1282
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Kimikiss was awesome. The only reason it was a disaster was because of otaku fanboys.
Obviously it was not awesome because the main targeted audience pretty much hated it. And yeah I value it more from the actual success factor than my personal like or dislike (though again in my personal view I didn't like the anime either as I sadly played the game before I saw it and found it miles better than the anime).

Thats why I always advertised against the Kimikiss way of things - one screw up and everyone will start hating because original which is very popular is very different, you pretty much changing the original have to create the original storyline which would be just as popular as game or even better and that is nearly impossible to do and if you do not achieve that you will be hated by the lovers of the source and this will drive the bigger part of money sources from you the way it happened with Kimikiss and turned into one of that summer's disasters in terms of income.

Amagami on the other hand is much closer to the original game. Its closer than the harem and of course closer than the forced drama and love triangles or whatever love figures. This way the ones doing anime can ride the fame of the original source more. No wonder that it is AIC who decided such genius thing as a simple staying with the original plot as close as possible rather than JC Staff's usual attempt to screw with the original plot (yes I know that technically JC staff are not responsible for the actual planning but again this way its easier to discuss) and try to invent bicycle where it is not needed at all.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-08-21 at 12:29.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote