Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenOne View Post
Anyone have any idea whats really going on in this one event

http://code-geass-lost-colors-transl...-courtyard.php

See the event marked

Kallen and Lelouch:

(ScAsh-中庭-Ka-Le-01): Morning (朝), Days 14 and onwards (Length: 1 time period), (First found on Day 14)
Ah, that scene.

Well, to summarize, Lelouch is trying to convince Kallen to get him a "faked" doctor's note in order to get out of trouble for all the classes he's missed. (Because he's out being our favourite masked hero of justice.)

Now, Kallen says no, obviously, saying she has no idea why he thinks she could get him such a thing. And this is what makes this thing so funny, I find. We all know that Kallen is just faking her frailness, and she probably could easily get a hold of such a note. And Lelouch knows that too, since he's Zero after all. BUT, Kallen doesn't know he's Zero, so she has to pretend that she really is weak and frail, and deny his accusation to the end. Rai, a part of the Black Knights at this point, knows what Kallen is doing and therefore doesn't try to interfere in this little spat. (Besides, he's only a temporary student, so missing classes for him doesn't affect him, and therefore has no need to help Lelouch.)

Now, considering all this, is where the true comedy in this scene comes out. Lelouch knows that Kallen has what he needs, and, if he were Zero, he could easily order her to do it for him, as always. But, right now he's only Lelouch, and all the usual obedience he gets from her is gone and there's only Kallen's annoyance at Lelouch as a person, which certainly makes things harder for him. Not only that, but because Lelouch has already had Kallen's suspicions on him from before, he can't risk digging too deeply in this matter and reveal what he knows about Kallen, otherwise his true identity could be uncovered. So, therefore, all Lelouch can do is pester her about it, without using his usual coercion strategies because of the nature of the situation. (And, since he's already used Geass on her, that option is also closed to him.)

Really, the whole thing is so ironic that I can't help but laugh everything time I see that scene. Especially Lelouch's last words, "That woman...!", in frustration is just priceless.

...Man, I really went on there. Well, I hope I explained it sufficiently for you!
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote