View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 12:03   Link #9616
Naginoura
匂宮家

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarun View Post
@Kurusu, that person could be someone from here.

But now I'm interested in seeing Medaka Box rankings since its inception. I won't mind looking for myself as long as I need to decide on:

Is it 8 chapters or 9 chapters that I have to count back on?
A really bored man keeps this chart if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jRsWHQyd0tPRXc

---

As for Medaka Box doing bad and Kumagawa being a savior?

Medaka Box has always done bad, especially during its early run. Kumagawa does have a positive effect on the rankings, but I don't think it's as substantial as Westlo is making out to be—though nowhere as little as what Tenchi claims.

Also, there is no way to say how Medaka Box anime is doing, because the first bluray will come out on July 25th and online buzz about anime isn't always in line with actual sales. However, I don't think the anime will sell well. I don't think Gainax is doing Medaka Box justice. (The only decision of theirs I could stand by was getting Paku Romi for Unzen, but any director/sound director in their right mind would get her. Let's not even get into changing the chapters, places, etc... To think I trusted Gainax... I miss Shinbou.)

In any case, Medaka Box is definitely safe for a while and there really is no reason to discuss if it's doing bad in the rankings or not. And there is especially no reason to get so riled up over it. Essentially, just like most of the arguments about the latest chapter, this seems to boil down to favorite character conflict. So it'd be best to drop any pretense and just go all out with Zenkichi vs. Kumagawa really.

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote