View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 19:24   Link #269
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Or, you know, they didn't have to compete with Fate and Nanoha for screen time...

After all, look at Hayate and how badly she was handled in StrikerS...

Are you telling me that Hayate was never interesting?

Granted, I blame the writing staff, but still...
She could have been in StrikerS, but she had a missed opportunity for me in a's and I wasn't really sure what more I should expect from her at that point. She was a nice girl with an illness who spoke in kansai-ben. By the end of A's, she was still a nice girl who no longer had an illness and still spoke in kansai-ben. And I'd like to note, this doesn't mean she didn't have a good portion of screentime, because she did-- I just don't think it was used as effectively as it could have been. Anyways, from there, we were introduced with a couple dozen new characters as well as the old, returning cast, all of which vied for screen time. Quite frankly, without the existence of the new cast, 26 episodes would have been perfect to develop all of the characters in A's. Yet because that did not happen, A's was Hayate's time to shine, and she fell short, in my opinion. You need to have a lasting first impression to hold long enough for the creators to gain acknowledgment of your popularity. And then you may just become something in future installments. Why promote something that doesn't sell(as much), after all?

Also, Hayate should have never been a colonel. It just doesn't suit her.