View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 06:23   Link #37917
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
There are a few things I don't feel fit quite right:

- How Yuuno convinces Elys a few hundred years have passed? I can imagine whoever can stay in a place conciously mantaining the barrier must be (at least) a bit hard-headed.

- How Elys, being as powerful by keeping the barrier for 100s of years and probably pretending to keep it for 100s of years more, suddenly is depowered or damaged? (I'm not against the unison device being powerful or weak in particular, I'm just going for consistency)
Let's see...

-He can convice her by showing her some proof of his statements. I immagine that he carries with him something to take notes on his discoveries, and maybe some digital copies of text books to confront things, and by showing her that he can convnce her. He's also the first living being she sees in hundred of years, she might aready have had some suspicions, but she didn't have any means of confirming them without leaving.
-Lack of maintenance is a bitch, try to see what even few months of negligence can do to a PC. Also she's been keeping up things for a while, continuous use tends to worn things out.

Also replying to booth yout complaints we could Yuuno find her in a sort of half awake state connected to the site defense system as a source of power, so no proper concept of time, not completely aware of what happened and she had also been exploited for years without proper care.
Quote:
On Yuuno using a device or not, I think it's a more practical issue: he should have a support device like Steed to keep records and photos from his digs but not for combat (as he doesn't fight much); it's just that, for all the much or little power Elys would give him I think Elys would be more useful to Yuuno as an assistant than as unison device (so they don't unison much)
I'm just proposing, we're still ironing out things, and also he keep records and take photos without needing one, the point is that he'll eventually have to fight at some point, and another point is to not have the TSAB involved, in the beginning at least, so he'll need all the help he can get.

As i said we're just getting out some ideas to start off, so every suggestion and pointer is more than welcome.

EDIT:
Quote:
But that won't be as much of a time. Yuuno would halt his dig (as he has an injured) and call a few favors to have Elys repaired ASAP. The next time Yuuno and Elys go to the field she'd be all well again.
He'll also be on the run at the end of the chapter, so it will require some time to get things fixed, and he's supposedly distant from the TSAB support.
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote