View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 10:03   Link #958
Jimmy C

I haven't posted anything here in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The titular MagiCall device is a clamshell phone that allows Carrera to literally call up one of 10 Modern Magical Girls (1 being her base form Decade) and transform into them.
I heard rumors that the Precure All Stars New Stage was supposed to be something like this, with a girl that could transform into all the Cures then existing. If that had ever been the case, they certainly scrapped it before production, because the movie had nothing like that. It might be because they saw the same problem I did when I thought about the same idea.
Decade (and its sentai counterpart, Gokaiger) worked because the costumes had full facemasks, completely hiding the actor. As a result, you don't get the feeling of the actor "not fitting" the costume.

Magical girls don't hide behind such masks. Their physical appearance is an integral part of their transformed design. Put a girl in a costume designed for another, and certain design elements may clash with the girl's physical features, height, hair and eye color being the most prominent.

Just think of the same girl being dressed in the costumes of all those girls you mentioned. Would she look good in all of them?

Thankfully, this is offset by the fact that your piece is only written text.

Quote:
This is a good idea, and Cutie Honey would fit in with the Parody Magica.
Does Cutie Honey fall within the last 20 years? I thought she was from the 80's.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote