View Single Post
Old 2013-08-24, 04:01   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
For the record, I don't care that Fujisaki was a trap, and I don't appreciate the implication.

And he wouldn't have had any of his prior work with him in the school. And we're supposed to believe that he was able to reconstruct all of his work and finish it in the (I believe someone said in a past thread) three days he had between finding the laptop and dying? Genius is one thing, but that's either bad writing or conspiracy.

It makes perfect sense to do so if Monokuma wanted them to access the network. What wouldn't make sense would be clearing out a hidden room and leaving only the network cable if the mastermind didn't want them to be able to connect to the network.

If Alter-Ego was set up by the mastermind, then everything AE has done so far, the pictures, the info on the principle, the info about the terrible day, has been handed out because the mastermind wanted them to have that info. Why? Maybe it's to amuse himself, maybe it's to keep the captives occupied so that they don't manage to find out something that was supposed to be an actual secret, maybe it's for some other reason. Having Alter-Ego ask to be connected to the network could just be the next stage in whatever the mastermind's plan is.

If you want to talk about not making sense, then it really, really doesn't make any sense for the mastermind to leave anything in the school that he/she didn't want the captives to have access to. If they aren't supposed to access the school's network, why give them a laptop, a network cable, and the computer genius necessary to repair the laptop? Computer genius dies too soon? Whoops! Well, here's an AI to fulfill his role!

Because all the stuff involving Alter-Ego keeps finding new ways to break my suspension of disbelief. Every time I re-suspend my disbelief, new information knocks it back down. I prefer to believe there's some good writing in here and the game players are just playing Devil's Advocate.
I find it very peculiar that you haven't said a single word about Oogami's ridiculous fighting skills, or Kuwata's improbable pitching skills, or Yamada's ability to construct a perfect Justice Robo costume with associated accessories overnight, and that's to say nothing about the highly unrealistic and over-the-top executions, but you are hung-up by the capabilities of a genius programmer to the point of obsession? Seriously, it's probably the least improbable thing out here.