View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 05:07   Link #43
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

One thing about what Maria said reminds me of something I wondered about in the ep 15 post. Maria talked at some length about how the adults are all unhealthily afraid of the children.

But why only the children? The adults have PK and are all potentially lethal too. Is it really true that the adults are not worried about other adults causing mass destruction? So far I haven't seen any indications that the adults are taking out other adults or even worried about them. Before, I'd assumed that they must in actual fact have processes in place for adults even though they are legally considered human. But maybe they don't. If that's the case, then it's really strange.

On a different note, it's interesting that some Queerat bones are similar enough to that of humans that they could be used as fakes. This could be foreshadowing of various different sorts. (a) That they really are former humans, (b) just as a hint that they're similar to humans or trying to take on their role, vive la révolution, (c) that Queerats might be able to breed Queerats who look human enough that humans would get the full force of death feedback from fighting them.

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2013-01-20 at 05:19.