View Single Post
Old 2014-04-19, 18:12   Link #485
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I suspect the Yokohama and Reminiscence arcs will shock them, and after that, Tatsuya and Miyuki's characters would make perfect sense. The Reminiscence arc was actually a watershed, because it resolved and revealed the past, and with that, Mahouka moved on to focus on the future. Scorched Halloween was indeed where the story properly began, all else was but prelude and prologue.

However, I suspect Mahouka would have bled alot of audience, and earn massive amounts of hatred that Yokohama and Reminiscence arc would come under massive amounts of criticism. Some excellent and sharp, but many irrational and driven by the hatedom.

Sample of standard criticism to look forward to:

- So, you are telling me the Imouto wants to jump her brother's bones and worship her brother, because her brother saved her? Yeah.... right..... it still doesn't excuse Miyuki for being a submissive disgrace to all woman.

- Come on now! The Gary Stu wipes an entire fleet and nukes an entire island? The story might as well end right here, right now, we know that every subsequent conflict would end in victory for the MC. I'm out of here, this is ridiculous. (The Visitor Arc of course, demonstrates why those critics are very wrong).

- Japan STRONK! China Sux! End thread (and subsequently, that particular post would be deleted by the mods, and the foolish poster being given a black mark for violating the No-nationalism policy in the anime thread - it's going to happen, this is a guarantee, as amusing as it might be).

- This anime has no winning girl! It's utterly pointless, and once again one of those trashy harems that end with no romantic conclusion. (For those who mistake Mahouka for a harem anime)

- Maya is sexy/fap material/sex symbol character. (A comment whose bad taste will be very apparent if the Nightmare of 2062 is animated. But, no-one could call out such a poster on it, because it requires spoiling the Nightmare)

I look forward to being entertained by the haters sometime in August or September.

Yup.^^ Everything before Scorched Halloween is basically just one long intro, meant to ask and answer the question: Who is Shiba Tatsuya?

"The Great Irregular" that's what!
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote