View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 02:07   Link #98
kuromitsu

Good for me then, I guess, that the quality of the writing usually doesn't influence which characters and pairings I like and find good, so my preferences haven't changed since episode 1. I still like Amata and Mikono a lot, and I still think they're cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Mikono is just reaching infuriating levels of balls to the wall logic with how she acts with and around Amata,
Actually, to me her behavior is starting to make sense. I'm not saying it's handled well, and it would've helped if we could've gotten into her head every now and then in the 20 eps. But from all the recent clues it's now easier to guess, at least where Amata is concerned. (I dunno if the writers are on the same track as I am, though, but I suppose we'll learn soon enough.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
with her expectation of Amata to sit around and wait for her to tell him *stuff*.
Oh, come on, you know that's not what she said. She said "There's something I need to tell you. [I can't tell you now, but] I'll definitely tell you when I come back." And while we don't know what exactly she wants to tell him (for all we know she could dump him for whatever reason), the situation has certain overtones that are kind of hard to ignore. It would take some very special reading to interpret that scene as her saying "wait for me to come back and tell you I like donuts"... Re: Shushu, I still think its behavior makes sense, so... *shrug*

Again, Mikono could've benefited a lot by getting more attention from the writers (seriously, Zessica got how much screentime doing nothing but wangsting her heart out in the most blatant ways, while Mikono got nothing), but I think things are starting to get more clear. Though it seems they planned the "Shushu revelation" to be a surprise of sorts (otherwise why do it this way?).