Thread: Question A discussion on spoilers.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 19:51   Link #26
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I agree that quite some people don't tend to read the rules, first posts (at most a few posts before they have posted) or the stickies.

What about the same kind of notification (or something else that can be more easily noticed) that was used for the banner voting contest not long ago but this time on the (maybe updated) policy of spoilers? While i still don't think everyone will read it, but atleast you reached more people this way.

edit: while i was previously only mentioning VN's, it generally applies to any untranslated work (VN's tend to be less translated than novels or manga's though). Even the popular Steins;Gate 's Q&A , spoiler and the game thread was not used that much during it's airing, most likely because it wasn't translated back then. Eventhough I am pretty sure that some people who did read the VN made some hints towards the VN's plot in the episode discussions.

The problem is that some people who are fans of the original work tend to go too much into fanboy/fangirl mode and sometimes forget that they are consciously posting spoilers while it's a development that is generally known (like what i tend to do when it comes to romance anime endings like for example clannad in a thread not discussing clannad but a different romance serie just as a comparison).
I think this happened alot in the fate/zero threads because most people there assumed that others have already have seen atleast Fate/Stay night anime
, while some newcomers started to watch it because this is supposed to be the prequel of it. So that's why i saw tons of FSN anime or even game spoilers like Heaven's feel developments.

As for reporting, i don't know how many people report things but i don't think lots of people actually use that button with the exclamation mark under someone's avatar for reporting spoilers.
I have to agree that the spoiler policy might need to be either enforced more or have to become more strict.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-09 at 20:25.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote