View Single Post
Old 2004-02-21, 20:06   Link #34
Kitsuneo

Wink It's only the Overture...

Greetinx!

Let me explain why I think that the Overture OVA will only be the prologue to the Tenkai Hen - Olymp Chapter.
The title Overture can lead you to the conclusion that this movie is only the prelude for the Olymp Chapter, because Overture is a terminus in classical music, naming the opening act of an opera.

I believe that history will repeat itself. Remember the Asgard OVA? Why did they do it? For two reasons:

1) So Kurumada had time to finish the Poseidon Manga
2) To see the reaction of the audience if they introduce Northern Mythology to Saint Seiya

The audience liked the Asgard OVA, so they had a "go" for giving the audience a whole Asgard Chapter. Meanwhile Kurumada had finished the Poseidon Manga, and was even able to begin a whole new chapter of the Manga -the famous Hades Chapter.
Now back to our time. Convert these events to the present time. What do we have? We have half a Hades Chapter OVA series. At first they only did 13 episodes to see the reaction of the audience. Hades was very popular and Saint Seiya reached a whole new generation of fans. Rumors have it that they are even going to produce not as planned 26 episodes, but a total of 39! episodes instead! (Note, this has yet to be confirmed)
Now imho, for two reasons they have done the Overture OVA:

1) to bridge the wait for the second half of the Hades Chapter -the Elysion Hen
2) to see if the audience would like an Olymp Chapter

And now let's take a small glimpse into the future that will happen if my calculations turn out to be right:

While they are showing the Overture OVA, the team is feverishly working on the second half of the Hades Chapter. Meanwhile Kurumada will have started to draw the final chapter of his lifework manga series; namely the Tenkai Hen - Olymp Chapter. By the time the whole 39 episodes will have been aired, Kurumada will also have finished the Olymp Manga, and the team will already have begun to work on the production of the Olymp OVA series.

That would be the perfect happy ending, wouldn't it?
However, it's also possible that Kurumada won't draw the Olymp manga after all. Maybe it will be an anime-only-thing like Asgard. The future will tell...

Once again, this is only my very own opinion of what might happen in the future, I don't want it to be held against me if it doesn't turn out the way I've stated here!

addict131 said:
Quote:
u really think they're just gonna make up a new story? they're gonna base the movie on the doujins, ya know pretty much the author of the doujins made the story in a way that the original author of the saint seiya series intended it to end.
It was only because the success has died down after Asgard that Toei "forced" him to resign from his Masterpiece to create another one. After Poseidon they told him he should hurry up and finish Saint Seiya to begin to work on another hit.
You may or may not know it, but it exists a "secret-episode" called "Do Cvidanija". It is a Drama Track that's 27! minutes long. It's on the Tale of Youth album that came out in 1997. It plays AFTER Hades, and Hyoga speaks with Seiya and says that he has found him and that he shouldn't regret anything.

Quote:
plus, seiya died, it's a fact, and it's lame that he got revived it's in both the movie and doujins obviously..
Shiryu too survived a "sword" in his chest. Remember Excalibur?

Quote:
and everything else is gonna be the same too tenkaihen already exists, and they're gonan make the movie like the doujins..
What makes you think that? I admit that you could fool anyone with the Zeus and Chaos Doujinshis, but the other movies aren't based on fanfics or Doujinshis either. And neither is Overture. On the contrary, I believe that a sophisticated fanfic or fanart could put the creators at stress, because the have to think of other stories and designs to still be original. But I guess that is a little far fetched, but so is your theory of having their story based on a Doujinshi, so hey...

The wait has only just begun...

Cheerz!

:-Daniel
Kitsuneo is offline   Reply With Quote