View Single Post
Old 2009-06-14, 22:29   Link #80
iLney

Nah, he's different from you. What he suggested something that hopefully would pay off. That is, eventually, his goal is to bring down the demand curve.

You, on the other hand, suggested lots of good things which all come down to depending on some agent to pay the bill eventually.

While you think that the current resources used in health care is not enough. I and hopefully, he think that the way those are being spent is too wasteful.

Fundamental difference.

@ClockWorkAngel: If I were in the position of the cashier, I wouldn't charge someone that much if I knew he couldn't pay. On the other hand, if I knew you and your insurance company would pay that 900,00$ (and assumed that the conpany would pay most of it), why would I charge you 100,000$? Maybe I was greedy, maybe I hated big, fat insurance companies or maybe I just thought that the extra 800,000$ can be used to help more people without insurance or much poorer? The good (or bad) news is there are more people who has insurance than those who don't, and those who don't would not use the service that often. Plus, there are those who enjoy the Medi status.

It may start out just as 20,000$ instead of 3,000$. Despite that price, someone paid. Then many followed suit. Suddenly the real price became 20,000$. And so on... I don't think a successful insurance company would be as stupid as willing to pay 20,000$ in the beginning.
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote