View Single Post
Old 2008-07-14, 17:51   Link #17
oompa loompa

10% is actually a very low percentage, even for a 6 pack. you can have a 6 pack in 13-15%. then again abdominals are different for different people. some people will never manage to get an 8 pack, while a few wont be able to get a 6 pack no matter how hard they work out. muscles wont develop the orthodox ' cuts '.

one thing i have found from experience,which is the best way to get rid of fat, ( apart from a healthy diet of course - the posters above will probably know more about this than i do ) is sprinting. perhaps im only talking from personal experience, but doing anywhere between 7-10 100 m sprints for 3 days a week for a couple of weeks, has phenomenal results. however, ive always been into track, so doing sprints was never any problem for me. im not sure how heavy a session doing 7 100 m sprints is. then of course there is the possibility of injuring yourself ( shouldnt be a problem with stretching ). i always preferred sprinting to jogging, just saves so much time. and even if it doesnt, it certainly feels like it does

while im at it, ill throw in the routine i used to combine the cardio - and it can be done at home.. which wont take more than 15-20 minutes. i say used to, because in the end for real gains you have to hit the heavy weights. but it certainly makes you feel fit as hell - it works like this

15-20 leg raises ( its not a reverse crunch..)
20-25 vertical crunches
20-25 oblique crunches
20 crunches

then, without a break
10-15 closed hand pushups ( bring your hands together completely.. its a bit tough initially so do it on your knees, baby pushup style )
15-20 regular pushups
if you have light weights lying around -
you can do 15 curls and 10-15 of a shoulder exercise of your choice

then, without a break repeat the ab routine, this should have given you enough for your abs to recover enough for another rep of abdominals and so on and so forth do it as many times as you can.. i guess 3 is the minimum though.. and while i say do it without a break, its not that easy to do in practice. a better way to put it is push yourself to reduce the time you spend in breaks as much as you can. as for regularity, you should have a basic idea of what your body can take and what it cant take. if you do any workout 6-7 times a week youll end up hurting yourself. ive always done it according to how my body feels

unfortunately i made this routine myself, so im not sure how easy or tough it is. im sure someone else can say whether its applicable as a beginning routine. though i suppose it should, its not like im the fittest person alive either..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote