View Single Post
Old 2008-06-23, 20:17   Link #1309
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy_hylian View Post
Ah man, Time Travel.

I'm more of the camp that even if you did go back in time to change something, the odds are that you wouldn't change a thing - something would happen to prevent you from doing what you intended to go out to do.

Like, for instance, let's say you really are hell bent on going back in time to the JFK assasination dressed up in Chicken Suits. This is what you plan to do, and there is no way you are going to change your mind.

Even before you set out (in the present time) to do it - it's already happened. You were already there at the JFK assasination anyway. Whatever the circumstances were, you didn't manage to divert the camera mans attention away onto yourselves.
The chickens are now in the way of the presidential limo. The limo speeds away after JFK got, and the Zapruder camera follows it. It's impossible for the Camera not to catch the car going by the line of men in Chicken suits. It's impossible for the Chicken men to not change history with their presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy_hylian View Post
If you had a time machine that would allow you to go to a certain place at a certain time, and you programmed it to take you back to that time right in the middle of the road - something would have gone wrong with the device and it would have transported you somewhere else entirely from your intended place.
Now this is what I think would happen under these circumstances. Time will be changed when you show up in the middle of the road, so the powers that be must have all the Chicken men spontaneously combust before the warp, along with anyone not in a chicken suit who might try to send their remains back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Or, as Kaisos will most likely spin it, one where the JFK assassination only went off because of 25 men dressed as chickens.
I find this extremely unlikely. Especially if my Chicken men are armed with flame throwers, and are given orders to set everything on fire.

The time powers must eliminate my elite chicken commando squad before they can depart.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote