Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 03:36   Link #75
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxJ View Post
So it started airing, I heard Eclipse will be subbing this show, anyone care to confirm it?
No idea where you heard that from (or why the Fansubwiki was speculating about it, we don't use it), but yea, we will be. Episode 1 just got released.

I've got to say that I'm puzzled about some of the negative initial reviews. I respectfully disagree, it was a very coherent start which calmly laid out ALOT of the background already, in a manner that I found pleasing. There was no over-the-top comedy or other antics, just proper storytelling. And I believe that especially the approach to "show" Touya's thoughts like this might come in quite handy.

The story has no direction? Of course it has - we're shown the troubles of a couple in which one partner gets tossed into the idol business, with the resulting gradual estrangement. I mean, I don't know the show or the game, but it's pretty obvious to me where it's heading. And with the possible exception of Haruka, there was no single character that acted "weird" - and even her reaction got a plausible explanation. In short, this show will probably take 2-3 more episodes until the cast has been properly introduced. And well - then we'll see

Tbh, I was skeptical when I heard the decision to pick up this show. But the first episode eased all my worries. Guess I was longing for a proper romance drama after all the comedy of late...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote