Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-14, 09:51   Link #27
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
You're going to hate me for saying this, but I'm not shedding any tears. When you're so filthy stinking rich in a profession in which you "get to retire and play with your six year old child" while everyone else is barely getting a good-paying position (if that), and on top of that, you decide to spend a ton of cash on learning to fly (of all things), when most people would never even DREAM of having such an expensive hobby, and on top of that, you go flying around in a city filled with HIGH-RISES, well...frankly, I really can't feel sorry for that. If an actor/actress or athlete dies from an accident at something so expensive that no normal person can afford it, that's not so much tragic as it is KARMIC.
First off, I'd like to say that I'm not one of those people that jump on everyone that says something cold. Sometimes, the truth is a very cold thing. (I would get into examples, but everything that I can think of would most likely throw this thread completely off topic)

But you know what? Not only is that cold, that's a moronic thing to say. I will admit that the system is kind of messed up. I mean, some people that spend every day singing/acting/talking/playing games in front of a crowd live a life of luxery where they can have just about anything that they want, while guys that spend eight hours every day breaking their backs in hazardous environments, or sitting bored behind their desks taking care of mind-numbing number crunching, or doing research or drawing up plans in order to make life and doing other things to make life for the common man more comfortable, convinient, and safe are forced to live out their lives in middle class purgatory.

That being said, are you saying that its wrong to spend your money on your hobbies? People that got dealt a bad deck of cards couldn't afford your lifestyle, so its bad karma to enjoy what you have? Well if that's the case, then drop your internet connection, throw away any modern technology that you happen to have (including your computer and videogames), ditch your house and walk over to the nearest shelter-less slum, and go get yourself a back breaking job that pays a dollar per year and offers no benefits of any kind, because you're much better off than the people over in those third world countries, and by your logic, its evil to be better off than the rest of the world.